GOLDEN UNITED HOUSING TASK FORCE
COVID-19 Housing Updates
State of Colorado COVID-19 Housing Resource Guide: Click here for a comprehensive guide to housing resources and assistance available to Colorado residents. Check back regularly for updates from the state.
The Salvation Army Golden Service Extension Unit, the City of Golden, Golden Civic Foundation, and Golden United are working together to help the growing number of people during the COVID-19 crisis who are facing housing insecurity. While this need has always been present in our community, it is especially urgent now that we support people in dire straits from lost wages and other impacts of this pandemic.
Give today and your donation will be MATCHED (up to $7,500) by a generous grant from the Golden Civic Foundation. Donate today and DOUBLE your contribution. Donations are processed by the Salvation Army Golden SEU. If you want to donate by check, scroll to “donate by mail” below.
Your donation to The Salvation Army Golden Service Extension Unit will provide assistance for Golden residents needing emergency support in paying for rent and/or utilities (please put “Golden United Housing Assistance” in the comment section).
Need help? Please complete this form. Don’t worry, your information is safe and confidential.
Help us get the word out! Download and share flyers, social media graphics, posters, info sheets and more.
DONATE BY MAIL
Please make checks to:
The Salvation Army Golden Service Extension Unit (SEU)
1320 Arapahoe St.
Golden CO 80401
Please put “Golden United Housing Assistance” in the memo.
About the Golden United Housing Task Force
Golden United launched a Housing Task Force in 2018 building on outcomes of a Housing Forum at Foothills Art Center. This Housing Task Force is a volunteer residents group that is conducting the following activities:
- Promoting awareness and education on housing issues and solutions for Golden
- Convening discussions and citizen engagement to protect existing affordable housing in Golden
- Providing input on and engagement with improvements to city codes and planning processes and new developments to maintain Golden’s character and affordability of housing
- Developing and sharing a toolkit on Accessory Dwelling Units and related improvements to code to support appropriate ADU developments
- Mobilizing funding for emergency rent and utility assistance for Golden residents to keep current families and residents in their homes. Further information is available and donations can be made here.
- Exploring approaches for matchmaking of well-qualified renters with seniors looking for individuals to rent a room
The task force has compiled a wealth of resources on housing issues that are available in this Google Drive folder.
Check out the information on this new Housing Task Force Page on the Benefits of Protecting Affordable Housing in Golden.
The Golden United Housing Task Force meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 6 to 8 pm. All are welcome and no registration is needed. We are keen to have others join the Housing Task Force. Please contact Kathy Smith or Ron Benioff (email@example.com) to learn more.