Golden United launched a Housing Task Force in 2018 building on outcomes of a Housing Forum at Foothills Art Center. This Housing Task Force is a volunteer residents group that is conducting the following activities:
- Promoting awareness and education on housing issues and solutions for Golden
- Providing input on and engagement with improvements to city codes and planning processes and new developments to maintain Golden's character and affordability of housing
- Developing and sharing a toolkit on Accessory Dwelling Units and related improvements to code to support appropriate ADU developments
- Mobilizing funding for emergency rent and utility assistance for Golden residents to keep current families and residents in their homes. Further information is available and donations can be made here.
- Preserving existing housing, especially for professionals and lower income groups
- Exploring approaches for matchmaking of well qualified renters with seniors looking for individuals to rent a room
We are keen to have others join the Housing Task Force. Please contact Kathy Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ron Benioff (email@example.com) to learn more.